As a practice we are committed to giving you the best possible service but in order to enable us to do so we ask you to help us in the following ways:
- We ask that you treat the doctors and practice staff with courtesy and respect. Abusive behaviour or violence/threats of violence to other patients, member of staff or doctor will not be tolerated and will result in the removal of the offending patient from the practice list.
- Please let us know of any change of name, address or telephone number.
- Please ask for home visits only when you are too ill to attend.
- Please keep your phone calls brief and avoid calling during the peak morning time for non-urgent matters.
- Remember you are responsible for your own health and the health of your children. We will give you are professional advice. Please act on it.
- Please ring as early as possible to cancel appointments.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
The NHS Constitution establishes the principles and values of the NHS in England. It sets out the rights to which patients, public and staff are entitled and pledges which the NHS is committed to achieve, together with responsibilities which the public, patients and staff owe to one another to ensure that the NHS operates fairly and effectively. All NHS bodies and private sector providers supplying NHS services are required by law to take account of the Constitution in their decisions and actions.
Statement of Purpose
Aims and Objectives
We aim to ensure safe and effective services, whilst providing the highest quality of care within the environment.
We will continue to provide the whole practice population with a high standard of healthcare
We aim to continue with the practice development, whilst working in partnership with our patient, their families, and carers, involving them in decision making about their care and treatment, geared to individual needs, encouraging them to become involved in decisions relating to care delivery.
Encouraging services into the practice , whilst providing quality primary care medical services into the community.
We will continue to promote health and wellbeing to all our patients whilst focusing of the prevention of disease by offering care and advice to all our patients.
We aim to continually improve healthcare through monitoring and auditing
We will continue to ensure all our staff are competent and motivated, whilst having the right skills and training to continue in the development of their jobs
Continued high levels of achievement across all clinical and administrative areas.
To continue to improve non-clinical and clinical risk management.
We will continue to provide confidentiality, whilst ensuring robust information governance systems.
We will continue to treat all our patients and staff, with the utmost respect and dignity in a safe and friendly environment.